authoring tools in english language teaching
- Have command over the English language, particularly grammar?
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills?
- Like to interact with people?
- Have the ability to adapt to people of all ages and from varied backgrounds and cultures?
- Have the patience and ability to teach?
- Have the quality of being a good listener?
- Have the ability to use available resources as well as create stimulating lesson plans?
If the answer to any of these questions is "yes", then you are
closer to embark on a brilliant journey and fulfilling career teaching
If you are interested in teaching English as a second language,
it is first important to know what grade and age of students you feel
comfortable working with. authoring tools in english language teaching
If you choose to work with younger students, your key role will be to help them develop and master basic communication skills.
If you choose to teach high school and college students, you
will be instrumental in helping them develop a life long command over
the English language. You also have the option of teaching foreign
nationals who are conversant only in their native tongue.
If you are a versatile teacher, you will able to leverage your skills to handle all such levels of instruction. authoring tools in english language teaching
Teaching English does not merely involve making sure your
student can speak the language. A language teaching profession
encompasses imparting instructions in grammar, reading comprehension,
sentence construction and verb conjugation, writing skills, etc. You
also have to make sure that your students are able to converse fluently
as well as write without any grammatical or spelling errors.